When I’m visiting book sites, this is one of the first pages I look at right after “About Us” because I want to know what a person believes before I read their blog or buy Christian books from them.
What do we believe?
- God wrote the Bible through men inspired by the Holy Spirit.
- God is truth and His Word is inerrant (always accurate and true).
- We believe God (through the Trinity of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit) created the world in 6 literal days, and it wasn’t millions of years ago–maybe 6000-10,000 years ago at the most.
- Christ died on the cross to pay for our sins and was raised again so that we might live a righteous live only through His power.
- We are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, and in Christ alone.
We have included the more formal statement of faith below so that you can get a more accurate idea of our beliefs but here it is in a nutshell: if the Bible states something to be true, then we believe it, and try to live by it with Christ’s help.
1. The Bible is the divinely inspired, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21).
2. The Trinity; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are Co-equal and Co-eternal Persons, One in essence and character (Matthew 3:16-17; Matthew 28:19).
3. Jesus Christ was born of a virgin through the agency of the Holy Spirit (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23).
4. Jesus Christ is fully God (Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:3).
5. The humanity of Jesus Christ was without sin (1 Peter 2:21-22; 2 Corinthians 5:21).
6. Jesus Christ’s death on the cross was a substitutionary atonement for the sins of mankind (Hebrews 2:17; 1 John 2:2; 4:10; Romans 3:25).
7. Salvation is by grace through faith alone in Christ alone (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5).
8. Both believers and unbelievers will be bodily resurrected (Acts 24:15; Romans 8:23; Philippians 3:21).
9. Jesus Christ will transform creation into the eternal state at the final resurrection (Romans 8:20-21; 1Corinthians 15:50-55).
10. God has fixed a day in which Jesus judges the world in righteousness (John 5:28-29; Acts 17:31).